About A Matter of Balance
A Matter of Balance is the newest evidence-based program that is designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls.
The 11th annual Falls Prevention Awareness Day will be observed on September 22, 2018—the first day of fall. The event seeks to raise awareness about how to prevent fall-related injuries among older adults.
Stay safe with these tips:
- Find a good balance and exercise program
- Talk to your health care provider to assess your risk for falling
- Review your medications with your doctor or pharmacist
- Get your vision and hearing checked
- Keep your home and work place safe
- Talk to your family members
The Area Agencies on Aging have scheduled A Matter of Balance workshops statewide. Please contact your local AAA at http://mi-seniors.net or LaShawn Griffin at 800-482-1455 or by email email@example.com for more information on workshops in your area.