Wise Choices provides free health screenings and coaching to help you make small, healthy changes in your life. Wise Choices helps Washtenaw and Wayne County residents make healthy changes by setting small goals.
The program includes:
- A brief health intake screening (glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)
- Goal-setting and planning - you decide which behavior you want to focus on to improve your health (anything from eating more fruits and vegetables, to going on a 15 minute walk three days per week, to being more diligent about taking your blood pressure medication, and more)
- Consistent follow-up with a health coach, including text or phone support
- Health coaches may refer you to community-based lifestyle programs, such as the Diabetes Prevention Program, and Wise Choices will pay for it.
- A follow-up evaluation to measure progress.
You must make a screening appointment. For more information, contact Ryder Comstock at [email protected] or 734-222-9800.
Anyone 18 years old and older, who has a maximum yearly income of 400% of the poverty level, can be screened. For a family of four, 400% of the poverty level is $104,800 a year. For a single individual, it is $51,040 a year. Insurance status is not considered– anyone can participate regardless of whether or not they have insurance. You may also participate even if you already have a primary care physician or doctor.