WISEWOMAN (Well-Integrated Screening and Evaluation for Women Across the Nation) provides free health screenings and coaching to help you make small, healthy changes in your life. WISEWOMAN helps low-income, uninsured, and underinsured women ages 40-64 in Wayne County make healthy changes by setting small goals.
The program includes:
- A brief health intake screening (glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.)
- Goal-setting and planning - you decide which behavior you want to focus on to improve your health (anything from eating more fruits and vegetables, to going on a 15 minute walk three days per week, to being more diligent about taking your blood pressure medication, and more)
- Consistent follow-up with a health coach, including text or phone support
- Health coaches may refer you to community-based lifestyle programs, such as the Diabetes Prevention Program, and WISEWOMAN will pay for it
- A follow-up evaluation to measure progress.
For more information, contact Ryder Comstock at [email protected] or 734-222-9800.
WISEWOMAN is for women ages 40-64 years old, who have a maximum yearly income of 250% of the federal poverty level. Insurance status is not considered– anyone can participate regardless of whether or not they have insurance.