PE-Nut™ stands for Physical Education and Nutrition working together and is delivered by the National Kidney Foundation of Michigan. PE-Nut™ uses a whole-school approach to motivate students, parents, and staff to live healthier lives. NKFM staff are committed to connecting students and their family and teachers with resources to encourage the adoption of healthy eating and physical activity. Each month, a new PE-Nut™ lesson will be posted on www.nkfm.org/PE-Nut. Click on the tab that reflects the grade you teach. If you teach a split-level class, click on the tab that best reflects the learning level of your students.
Our hope is for PE-Nut™ to remain a program that your students can look forward to. We will be working with you to provide your students with access to the program – whatever you want that to look like for your classroom. We hope you find these activities fun and educational. Please send any feedback or requests to: [email protected].
Are you looking for more information on the PE-Nut program? Visit our PE-Nut Program page.
This project was funded in whole or in part by the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education through the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the Michigan Fitness Foundation.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
- Physical activity and nutrition videos created by trained SNAP-Ed Nutrition Educators across the state.
- Assistance in finding meals available near you.
- Subscribe to this free magazine with kid friendly recipes and cooking tips.
- Helping you and your family eat healthy all month long.
- Inside this document you will find tips on cooking substitutions, stretching your ingredients, and cooking on a budget. This information was provided by Share Our Strength.
Additional Kid-Friendly Enrichment Activities
- Coloring activities and puzzles for children of all ages.
- Physical activity videos and healthy recipe demonstrations from NKFM nutrition educators.